Little Black Dress INK is creating production opportunities for female playwrights through its Female Playwrights ONSTAGE Project; a short-play festival dedicated to producing peer-selected works by women. In addition to contributing to the selection of plays, participating playwrights are able to review and revise their work via online-streaming of play readings, and are encouraged to blog about the process along the way.
Submissions are now being accepted from awesome female playwrights for consideration in this year’s festival! This festival utilizes a peer-review process for evaluating submissions.
- You must be a female playwright to enter the ONSTAGE Festival.
- This year’s festival theme is Curves Ahead. Playwrights are invited to submit short plays and/or monologues written on this theme. In the past we’ve had great success with short scenelets as well (10-minute plays comprised of a couple of scenes, which we can sprinkle throughout the show)
- LBDI strongly suggests you do not submit plays or monologues longer than ten minutes. Keep in mind that in all instances, shorter truly is better. Plays running longer than ten minutes stand very little chance of making it into the festival, as we strive to produce as many playwrights as possible.
- Little Black Dress INK utilizes a peer review process for evaluating plays. By submitting to this fest, you agree to participate in this unique opportunity to help select plays for production.
- Once our submission window is closed, you will receive a selection of plays to read and score using the LBDI online eval form. You MUST read and submit your evaluations by the required date in order for your play to remain in consideration.
- Submitted works will be read by other participating playwrights and LBDI artistic personnel. By submitting to the festival, you agree to share your work for review in this process.
Submission materials must be emailed to LBDI by November 15th, 2015 and should include:
- The following information in the body of your email:
- Your name
- The title of your play
- Your contact information *It is very important that you use a reliable email address as all correspondence will be done via email*
- A blind PDF of your script – do NOT include your name anywhere on the script!
- Email materials to submissions@LittleBlackDressINK.org
LBDI will be producing readings of the top scoring plays at locations nation-wide. The top eight to ten scoring plays will also move on to full production in Prescott, AZ.
Our 2014 festival winners are available through IndieTheaterNow.com at the following LINK.
ADDITIONAL ONSTAGE RESOURCES FOR PLAYWRIGHTS: