There is something so exciting about a first read-through… I think it’s the collective enthusiasm and surprise a room full of people share when hearing a script for the first time. A first read-through is one of my most favorite playwriting moments when working on a script (both as a writer and as a director) and today I got to enjoy 9 of them.
I think it’s time to announce the line up for our From the Mouths of Babes festival!
- Babes in the Wood by Kate Hawkes (Prescott, AZ)
- Big Baby by Tiffany Antone (Prescott, AZ)
- Looking for a Miracle by Karen Murphy (Prescott, AZ)
- On Tuesday by Jennie Webb (Los Angeles, CA)
- Pop by Jen Huszcza (Los Angeles, CA) – Pop performed in Prescott, Swallow read in LA and Minneapolis
- She Says, She Says by Katherine James (Los Angeles, CA)
- Tastes Like Teen Sprit! by Sara Israel (Los Angeles, CA)
- Thomas by Rachael Brogan Flannery (Minneapolis, MN)
- Vampire Mouth by Shanee Edwards (Los Angeles, CA)
Each one of these plays is AWESOME and took on the spirit of the fest in unique and exciting ways. I absolutely cannot wait to see these plays in July!
So congratulations to each of our selected playwrights, and welcome to From the Mouths of Babes!